Staff Motivation To increase
productivity of staff
employee has different type of motivation which appeals them the most. For ex.
Few employee can be motivated by money, other can be motivated by Appreciation, Personalized care, some employee can be motivated by giving challenging job or
by promoting him to different level. You need to identify staff behavior and
should give appropriate motivation so that you can keep employee motivated at
type of motivation which you can do
- Giving/assigning challenging
- Appreciating Employee for doing
something better on a weekly basis (appreciate staff in front of other
- Giving trophy/ gift as a sign
of appreciation in front of other staff
- You as a owner work with them
and try to understand their difficulties.
- Show sympathy with their family
personal problem and try to help them in their personal problem.
- Monthly or quarterly picnic or
hotel visit with entire staff. Where owner is also present with them
- Once in a year owner visit
staff home to have some personal relation.
- Owner eats from the Tiffin of
employee or shares their food with employee.
- Observe every staff on a daily
basis with care and try to find which employee is looking dull today. Try to
talk with him and try to motivate so he makes a better sale in store.
- Light aroma (good smell) in
store also gives positive waves in the mind of people and staff can work with
better mind and energy.
- Staff should not be sick or
tired otherwise staff will not work with full potential.
- Give enough time to staff to
rest and take food.
- Sometime (every quarter) if you
give half day leave to staff without his requirement can also give better
result in staff productivity.
- If you provide surprise gift or celebrate
their birthday in store (cake cutting in store on last day of month for all the
employee who have birthday in that month)
- Creating pressure on staff to
perform by giving additional duty of store and ask him to perform and if you
are able to perform then you will be promoted.
Why we need
to motivate staff
owner and staff then owner is always energetic because if store will perform
then he will earn good profit so he is always motivated to increase sales &
profit. So profit or Number of store is a motivating factor for your store.
of employee? Even if they are working on
commission then also they will earn limited income as compare to you. And
remember your staff daily perform routing activity which is monotonous and
to manage family in limited income so he is always in pressure even at work and
can not work with full mind.
we always need to keep our staff motivating by various ways as described above.
money is not an issue they wants good position like store manager and are able
to deliver. In this case even if you give good salary but keep him as a sales
man then he will not be happy. You have to identify person and treat them
important issue is lack of communication between owner & staff.
a mind that Mr saiyad (sales man) is very good staff and i will observe him for
next 3 month then i will promote him. Or owner is planning to open second shop
and want Mr Saiyad to become branch manager in future.
share such idea with Mr saiyad that I am planning such thing for you. And if
you will perform and if you will give 20% rise in sales of this store in next 3
month then you will become Branch manager of my new branch with 3,000 Rs of
necessary that Vision, Mission made by owner has to be shared with staff. And
it is important that your staff also work for achieving the same vision and
demotivated due to following reason
- Personal or family reason/
- Lack of money to meet expenses.
- Child future.
- Position which he cannot show
- Demotivation or miss behavior by owner.
- Lack of clarity related to
- Monotonous (routine) job.
- Long working hour which result
in to less time to family.
- Lack of innovation or new thing
- Threat of Future security.
- Subordinate are not co operating
Or are harassing him.
- Lack of holiday or leave at the
time required by family.
- Uncertain income.
via Blogger http://ift.tt/2n2q9CZ